Friday, March 4, 2011

Rockabilly Patterns

Well, the photo shoot for All You Magazine is done and I can relax a little now. I probably won't like the pictures much, after all, I am sure my hair was too bushy, I am too fat, and have too many laugh lines (sorry, I just can't call them wrinkles) but it is done. It is also me in 2011 and tells my story about getting my degree. Getting a degree might not be breakthrough for many but it was for me. I have heard about other people and what they went through to achieve their goals and I am humbled. One friend went through caring for elderly in-laws and a husband's lay-off and still went back to school. Another received her GED after 5 tries. Still another did it with 4 children (one of which is disabled) and no husband. Hearing their stories I am humbled but I had to tell my story anyway and of the wonderful women friends who helped me succeed. It is as much their story as mine. The story is supposed to be in the July issue. We'll see if my bushy hair is Photo shopped a little.
In my Goofing Off world I just listed incredible Rockabilly dress patterns. Check these out! They are wonderful!

Simplicity 2033 in size 12 (fifties' size 12) Bust 32 Pattern is complete and uncut.

Simplicity 2333 in fifties' size 13, bust 33. Pattern is complete and uncut.
Either dress would be a wonderful summer party dress. Gorgeous rockabilly fashion. Just love it! Check them out. They are getting a lot of attention and one (not shown here but was on Etsy) is gone in one day.

Gotta go. The treadmill is calling my name. Maybe that picture in the mag will be my fat memory and I will say "Phew. I lost some weight!" ....well, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment