Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creative Crown Challenge March 2011

I said I was going to do something with a crown. Well, I tried. I had all kinds of ideas but they didn’t quite work out. I thought I could make a crown from fabric like the rag roses but burnt my fingers with my glue gun (blisters). I thought about sewing something but when I took a look at my sewing machine and thought about the path I would have to cut through to get there I decided against it.

After spending half the day feeling totally inept (yes, totally), the hubby and I went shopping. I needed a little retail therapy and he needed filters for the car. Flea market first, strawberries $8 a flat, yum, then to Wally World where we saw his Aunt Sis. She started telling us about her farm animals which got me thinking, roosters! They have a crown on their heads! Alright, it’s a comb but don’t tell them that. They think they are the kings of the barnyard, especially those darned little banty roosters.

Well, I have the coolest vintage McCoy Rooster Cookie jar. Lots of folks have tried to copy it and get close but no cigar. This guy has a twinkle in his eye and the crown, er, comb, is red. I am might proud of my guy. I might not be much of a painter but I take a pretty fair picture and I am not too bad spotting cool stuff.

Check me off on the challenge Tammy!

100_8784

No comments:

Post a Comment