Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hookers and Bitchy Stitchers

I met a friend today who told me she just learned how to knit and joined a group called The Bitchy Stitchers. I love it. I loved it more when I told her I am a hooker. I crochet (get your mind out of the gutter, please). I’ve been crocheting on and off since I was 16. I saw a handmade yarmulke (kippa) and asked my grandma to teach me how to make one. She was a gifted crafter. She could knit, crochet, and sew and rarely used a pattern. Her ideas were usually her own unique designs that were fun. That is except for the hat she crocheted for me in bright red with a big ball of something on top that she said was a rose. It didn’t look like a rose and I never wore a red hat before that one or after that one. She did make these cool little poodles (I live in the home of the poodle posse so I am a little biased) out of miniature liquor bottles. They were so cute. I don’t have a single one. I have no idea what happened to them either so I will just have to try to make one in her memory. Finding the bottles will be a challenge. I know how she got her bottles but I don’t drink that stuff. I will keep you posted on the poodles and post a picture as soon as I make one.

Oh, BTW, I did learn to make yarmulkes. Never sold them, though. Maybe someday.

I am so excited. I am waiting with baited breath to see who won this week’s contest. 48 minutes to go. I will announce the winner tomorrow. Get your vote in if you haven’t voted yet!

Well, I got to go. I volunteered by tush at work (you would think I’d learn) and have to go in early. On my day off. Ugh.

Post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff.Etsy, GoofingOff.Artfire, AND MissEileen.Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment