Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fabric Roses

I’ve done it. Again. Over promised my time again. It isn’t enough that Prince William is getting married soon but he just so happens to be getting married the same day and a friend. OK, so I am not going to his. No problem. I am, however, creating the decorations (at least some of them) for my friend’s shower. In addition to that, another friend is getting married, too, and I am doing the decorations for her shower, too. The showers are 4 days apart. I am getting stressed.

I fell in love with the look of fabric roses. I don’t know about the silk ones, though. They are very pretty but I don’t work too much with silk and don’t think it is too good an idea to start now, especially with a deadline looming. I chose to make the roses with recycled linen (thrift store finds) and yellow dotted Swiss. I tried doing the rolled roses but I am out of practice with a glue gun and blistered my fingers. Back to needle and thread. I will keep y’all posted on the progress. Hopefully, they will be as beautiful as I plan.

In the meantime, here is a cute pattern from the 60’s. What a beautiful spring dress this would make.

60's Dress Vintage Sewing Pattern Butterick 4069 32 Bust Complete

60's Dress Vintage Sewing Pattern Butterick 4069 32 Bust

Post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff.etsy, GoofingOff.Artfire, and MissEileen.Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment