Thursday, April 7, 2011

Where Are My Ruby Slippers?

The other morning I felt like Dorothy, well, almost like Dorothy. I just let my dogs out before leaving for work when I heard them barking. Not a “Let me in the house, please. I’m done” kind of bark. It was a “What the Hell is that?” kind of bark. I went to the door and, while letting them back in, heard a roar through the trees. Now, I have lots of trees around my house so I know what the wind through the trees sounds like. This wasn’t it. This was a deep sounding roar that sounded like it was down the road. I stood there transfixed wondering if it was the sound a tornado makes that people describe as a train. When I think of a train I think subway (sorry, I might talk Southern but Brooklyn still runs through my veins).  Then I thought, “OH SHIT, it might be a tornado. Close the door,” which I did. A few seconds later the roaring stopped.

On the drive to work there were big oaks down and on the road, real big ones that had been around for a long time. I found out later there was a “tornado-like wind formation” that came through my county. It cut across a couple of miles from my house. Damn. Now I know what folks in Kansas feel like. I didn’t know what to do. If it’s a hurricane I am ready but a tornado? Hmmmm, I got some learning and planning to do.

Blog Feature Winner

We had a tie! Congrats to two winners of this week’s blog feature interview, Dawnorama’s Funky Felt Pincushion, and Lemon Lizard’s Blue Bird Note Cards. I’ll be contacting them to let them know, just in case they didn’t see the results yet.

New Listing

Matzoh Fabric Medium Weight

I guess if you haven’t seen it before it’s new. Well, not really a new listing but a renewal. Beautiful fabric that looks like matzo. Medium weight, good for napkins, aprons, and matzo covers. The fabric is 60 inch wide and 100% cotton.

Post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff.etsy, GoofingOff.artfire, and MissEileen.etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment