Monday, April 11, 2011

Fabric Roses

What’s the chance of two bridal showers on the same day from the same work area, in this case, unit? I guess pretty darned good. One at work during lunch and the other at a friend’s house. I volunteered to make fabric rose bouquets for the showers so the pressure was on. Not only did they have to be done at the same time and look good but I never made them before. Here’s how they came out.
100_8863
100_8861 100_8864
100_8866
The fabric used is vintage. The yellow fabric is dotted Swiss, the purple is reclaimed from a thrift shop dress. The little white roses are from tee shirts. Over all I think they came out OK. I still have work to do to refine the process but I think they’ll do. At least I hope so.
I want to thank Karmadesign for her tutorial. Her instructions were pretty easy to follow. Mine were a little different but I don't think I could have done them without her tute.
Here’s a little goody I listed in my MissEileen shop.
100_8841
This is a vintage straw clutch made in the Bahamas. Beautiful.
Catch y’all later! Don’t forget to vote!

1 comment: