Monday, April 4, 2011

Modern Technology Hurts My Eyes

After living with my GoofingOff Etsy banner and avatar for a couple of years I finally decided I had enough of them. The color is dark and the banner doesn’t really tell what I sell. I don’t sell my stained glass anymore. I hardly make it. With that in mind I decided to create my own banner and avatar. After working on them I then realized Modern Technology hurts my eyes not to mention giving me a headache. I made them both but I don’t think they look all that classy, and I do strive to be a classy chick.

I envy people who turn on their computer and go through Photoshop like a knife through cheesecake. Strawberry cheesecake. It makes sense to them. As for me, if there isn’t a needle and thread or boo-boos & band-aids involved, I am lost and it takes me hours what it takes others to do in minutes. I should be making those darned fabric roses. I also should quit calling them darned. They are actually coming out quite nice. I promise I will post pictures as soon as I get a few more done. Really, I promise.

Well, got to go. I think I need to chill with cucumber slices on my eyes and a glass of wine in my hand. After all, I did work very hard on the banner and avatar. Just wish they were a little more polished.

Here’s what they look like:

Untitled-2

Untitled-1

Not the most awful thing you ever saw but I don’t think I am ready for 5th Ave yet. Maybe a side street.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment