Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Climbing out from Under the Rock and Discovering Music Matisyahu: One Day

Back in August I finished my BSN. This is not a brag, it is just fact. I tend to have an obsessive nature so while I was in school I did little else except study.  I read  few books other than nursing, watched even fewer movies, and listened to hardly any music.  It wasn't that I wasn't interested, school was very intense, especially while working full time and trying to run 3 Etsy shops. The classes came fast and furious, good for me since I get bored easily, but still hard and time consuming.
School took it's toll on me. My husband learned to stay away from me while I was studying and cooked more (maybe a benefit?). One Etsy shop, MissEileen, my very first, is about dead. I had to hire a house keeper (oh, that's a benefit, too). Now that  school is over I feel like I am coming out from under a rock. I read a few books, watched a movie or two when I could grab the remote, and downloaded a few tunes. My friends at work laugh when I tell them the movies I watch since many have been out for years. That's how out of touch I am.
As for the tunes, I found this guy, Matisyahu, on YouTube. He is a Hasid from New York who sings Reggae. He's pretty good so I thought I would share. Makes me think of my youth when I lived in Borough Park, Brooklyn, among the Hasidic communuity. I loved it but that was a long time ago, fodder for another blog post.
Enjoy the music. Is he good or what? I think I have patterns to count.


  


Post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff.Etsy.com and GoofingOff.Artfire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment