Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Amazing Husband and the Treadmill

OK, not amazing men, just one. A couple of weeks ago after months of looking and searching I finally bought a treadmill. Not a little one to fold under the bed but a real one with incline and programs and a place to plug in my pod. Very cool. Only problem was when it was delivered I was responsible for the put together, something  I forgot to tell the hubby. When it was dropped off (manner of speech, the thing is huge. If it was dropped I'd have floor damage), my hubby waited for the guys to put it together. You should have seen his face when I broke it to him that they weren't doing it. Not good.

I offered to take it out of the box but he wisely said no. Good thing. I am much better at taking things apart than putting things together, not to mention my lack of mechanical skills. Oh, I do know which end of a screwdriver to use but it is the order of the put together that leaves me in the lurch. Just don’t get it. Good thing I don’t work on cars. I shudder at the thought.

Well, anyway, after I got home from a long, hard day at work he surprised me with the treadmill, all put together, a special electric outlet for it, and it works! It is beeeyouteeful! I tried it out a little, too. Tomorrow will be the first morning on it. George Thoroughgood on the pod and me on the treadmill. Woo hoo!

2 comments: