Saturday, August 13, 2011

8.13.11 New GoofingOff Listings

Hi, everyone! I am back home from my journey to the Pacific Northwest. It is a beautiful part of the country, one of clear, cool skies, tall, rugged mountains, and wonderful people. I sought out local artisans and local food where ever I went and took close to a thousand pictures. Lots of fun and well worth the effort. Let's face it, it is too easy to go to a souvenir shop and buy mass produced items. Way too easy. It is also a bit ridiculous. What's the point of traveling some place only to buy something with "Made in China" on the bottom? It took a little more time and cost a couple of dollars more but it was so worth it.
I did go thrifting, even with my broken arm and sprained ankle. Yes, I fell while trying to catch up to the hubby, fell real hard. Did it the day before leaving Seattle for Alaska. I walked (OK, limped) all over Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan. Had too. No way I was going that far to stay in my room with my foot up.
Oh yeah, back to thrifting. In Juneau we found the Salvation Army store. They had wonderful vintage sewing patterns waiting for me, like they knew I was coming. Some nice clothes, too, like sweatshirts for this Florida girl. Summer up there is almost lke our winter.
In Seattle, Value Village is the place to thrift. Huge 3 story building with lots to go through. They had a gorgeous cedar chest ready to be refinished. Just couldn't think of a way to carry it on the plane. Lots of clothes. Hubby got a leather jacket in fantastic condition for under $20. Lots of beautiful handbags and silk scarves (snagged a few of those).
Here's some of the patterns I had the good fortune to find.

McCall's 7677 from 1965. Enclosed was the picture of the dress in the magazine it was featured in.

Simplicity 7935 from 1968 is so Hugh Hefner. After finding this pattern I saw an ad for "The Playboy Club." Enough said.

Very Easy Vogue 8512. Gorgeous outfit. Simple chemise with jacket. What an elegant look!

McCall's 8305, 1966. Love the little bow at the waist!

McCall's 8265, men and women's costumes. Love the sari!

McCall's 3869. Is this not gorgeous?!!

I'll be listing more patterns in the GoofingOff shop and those gorgeous silk scarves in MissEileen's shop in the next few days. Take a peek when you can.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment