Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vintage Wednesday Etsy Picks

If you are like me, you need something to get you over the hump of the work week. And, if you are like me, you love vintage. OK, maybe not as obsessed with vintage as me (I’m not totally obsessed, mind you, I do love it, though), but maybe you like to look. Every time I see some awesome vintage thing, be it clothes, jewelry, furniture, or even a dish, I feel like I am transported to another time, another era (preferably the 30’s or 40’s). I’m wearing a slinky dress like Carole Lombard in My Man Godfrey, and my hair’s curly (really it, too, at least it was til it grew out), and I have on red lipstick for a pouty look when my picture’s taken. OK, so a little over the top. One can dream.

Oh, yeah, back to Wednesday. I am so easily distracted (that’s a problem I’ve learned to live with. I heard that one of the symptoms of adult ADHD is difficulty staying focused. That’s me. And people like that do well in hospitals, multi-tasking and all. That’s me, too! Oh shit, maybe……). Oh, back to Wednesday. There is such wonderful vintage on Etsy that I thought I would devote Wednesdays to vintage. Here goes:

Vintage is such an enormous category. Here’s some gorgeous vintage jewelry:

Rhinestone Flower Brooch Rhinestone Flower Brooch from Midnight Magnolia I love this brooch. The stones are clear and sparkling. Stunning!

Siam Neillo Horse PinSiam Niello Horse Pin by Trick 5 This is amazing! The detail is incredible. Niello is an age-old process of jewelry ornamentation that uses a black mixture of copper, silver , and lead sulphides, used as an inlay on engraved or etched metal.

Vintage home decor is so open to interpretation. There’s shabby, country, boho, Hollywood, plus a million other ways to describe old but beautiful. How you do it is up to you. Here’s some ideas to help you out:

Pair of Vintage Fenton White Opalescent Hanging Lamps  Pair of Vintage Fenton White Opalescent by Eclectic Revival

VINTAGE French Country  Nesting HEN PLANTER Ceramic Chicken in Cream and Butter Yellow Shabby Chic Farmhouse Decor    Vintage French Country Nesting Hen Ceramic Planter by Ace Finds This is so cute. Why use it only as a planter? How about on the dinner or breakfast table holding muffins or rolls?

10 Lovely Little Lacy Crochet Vintage Doilies, White and Ecru   Ten Lovely Little Lacy Crochet Vintage Doilies by ChameleonCMC

Kachina Silver Spoon Fork Baby Keepsake Native American Vintage Set Spoon Fork with Blue Turquoise  Kachina Silver Spoon Fork Baby Keepsake Native American Vintage Set Spoon Fork with Blue Turquoise by Aztec Art

Well, that’s a small sample. What’d ya think? Like em? Let me know. Got a fave? Leave a comment.

Post by Miss Eileen aka Goofing Off

Don’t forget to check out the costume pattern sale going on now at the GoofingOff Etsy and GoofingOff Artfire shops. 40% off on all costume patterns!

Etsy shops:
GoofingOff
MissEileen
MetalWoodsnWater
GoofingOff Artfire

No comments:

Post a Comment