Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Dressy Overcoat

I'd like to think this has happened to all of us but I know for certain it's happened to me. I spend lots of time making a special outfit, getting accessories that work just right, getting my hair in place, only to reach for a coat that doesn't go with the look. Forgot all about the coat. Talk about a flub up. I keep a coat for fancy occasions now but having something a bit dressy for kids is so much harder. Just when you think it is all put together you realize they no longer fit in their coat and the one they wear to and from school just don't get it. 

Here's a cute cape with capelet and hat that would go well with a dress, just right for those special occasions coming up around holiday time.
Butterick 3041, size 7-10. This pattern includes the cute hat or can be made with the hood. The cape pattern only has 4 pieces which means it would sew up fast.



Happy sewing and always take time for a little goofing off!
post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOffMissEileen, and MetalWoodsnWater.

No comments:

Post a Comment