Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back Home and Back to Goofing Off

After almost 2 weeks I am back from the Pacific Northwest. What a beautiful part of the country! The air is fresh and clean, art is abundant, and it was cool, 50's at night. Seattle is fabulous! Absolutely gorgeous!
Here's a few pictures I'd thought I would share:


Seattle Skyline.

The Mit in front of Safeco stadium where the Mariners play baseball.


Pikes Market early morning
A trip to Seattle isn't complete without a trip to Pikes Market. The market is phenomenal with fresh fish, meats, flowers, fruits and vegetables at almost every stall. There are also incredible artisans at the market selling everything from handpainted scarves to jewelry to handmade journals.

This is the view from my hotel. Our hotel, the Inn at Queen Anne, was walking distance to the Space Needle and the Seattle Center. Not only did it have wonderful views, it also had an incredible courtyard perfect for eating lunch or dinner, or just enjoying the day.


Courtyard at the Inn at Queen Anne

I loved Seattle. The air is fresh, the people friendly, and the city is artsy. The cool weather, 70s during the day, 50s at night, were a welcome change from the Florida heat that rarely goes below 90 degrees on a summer day. The beaches are different, too. Lots of rocks compared to our sand. Lots of debris, too, like driftwood and seaweed, which are, to me, artist supplies and canvases.
                                             Seaweed with fish roe on the rocks.


The people are very active for the most part. Lots of people walking, biking, kayaking, and just out and about.


Ballard Lock holding back water

We met up with some Etsy friends, Seth and Leslie, from the shops SiragWatkins (cool looking dolls and jewelry) and LeslieEtsy (jewelry supplies, lots of them). They took us on a tour of Seattle with stops at the Ballard Locks, The Lockpot (fish and chips), and a bit of thrifting. What fun!

I loved Seattle. There is a sense of adventure I could feel, especially along the docks. I felt the spirits of pioneers past who lined the docks waiting to try their luck in the Alaskan gold fields.  

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I have a few hundred I still have to weed through. I need to get back to work, though. Watch for interviews in the next couple of weeks for the Etsy shops of AlannahsGarden01EarnestEfforts, and Jitterbag.

Post by Eileen Patterson

Etsy Shops




2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! What a great city to visit! I'd love to visit that awesome market!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Seattle last summer and loved it! We talk about going back all the time.

    ReplyDelete