Saturday, July 23, 2011

Too Much to Ask? Congress, Get Your Sh*t Together!

Sorry but I have to air this. I try to be positive but sometimes being a cheerleader gets old. What is with Congress and the budget? If we, as a country, are over spending shouldn’t we be cutting back somewhere? I don’t have a problem feeding hungry children and making sure seniors have food and a roof over their heads but Congress has a package that rivals any on Wall Street. They can be crappy Reps and Senators and still be taken care of for the rest of their lives with a pension that most of us only dream of. If congressional members are truly committed to the job they hold and the country they are working (?) for, they would, and should, be willing to give up a few of the perks the taxpayers provide.

I try my best to live within my means. I work damned hard at it. I pay my bills, don’t run up bills I can’t pay, and don’t ask others to pay my way. No wonder I’m not a politician.

Thank you. I am getting off the soap box now.

No comments:

Post a Comment