Monday, December 27, 2010

Cutting Down Time at the Post Office

I don’t know about most people but the post office isn’t high on my list of places I want to be. Don’t get me wrong, there are some lovely people at the post office in my town and getting to see them is OK but I don’t like to stand in line when I have other things to do. I found a couple of tips that save me time and money and could do the same for you.

For a long time I thought I could only use PayPal shipping labels if I received money from a customer but that’s not so. If you are sending things in the US and using USPS First Class Parcel, Priority Mail, or Express to ship use this link

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

You can ship to customers who sent you money orders,  send gifts to your grandkids, or anyone else you want to. If you use the flat rate boxes from the post office it is very easy, if not, make sure you have a scale for an accurate weight. Delivery confirmation is 19 cents, too cheap not to add it on.

If you don’t have a PayPal account you can set up an account with the Post Office and print out shipping labels for Priority Mail.

If you are sending packages out of the country you have to ship Priority or Express to use the online shipping labels. Since the bulk of my shipping out of the country is First Class International, I keep a few Customs forms handy so I can have them filled out before I get to the post office.

Remember, too, if you use Priority Shipping you can schedule a pickup. It’s an available option.

The best part of the PayPal labels is I can drop off the package on my way to work without having to wait on a line or worry about the post office’s hours. So much easier and a lot less stress.

Post written by Eileen Patterson.

GoofingOff.Etsy.com

GoofingOff.Artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment