Friday, December 3, 2010

12.3.10 Brrr, Baby, It's Cold Outside! Pattern Listings in Artfire & GoofingOff

Hunting for cool vintage isn't easy, sometimes it is downright hard. There is the stores, the yard sales, picking through mountains of stuff, and hopefully finding something that is just truly aged, not made to look old. When that is done the real work begins, researching the find, learning the history. All this before listing anything for sale. Still, I love the job. It's a learning experience and it is work. Today the hardest part is getting out of the house. OK, how far south do you have to go to get warm? I'm sure you folks in NY or Minnesota are laughing at me but 20 degrees is cold no matter where you are! It's not 20 degrees outside anymore, it's 30degrees, still cold to me. It is hard to walk out of a 68 degree house and venture out. Still harder to think that there are sellers out there willing to venture into the cold for me, too. With that in mind I got to work inside and started listing patterns to my Artfire and Etsy shops. Most of the patterns are vintage, some newer, some warm weather outfits (can you say VACATION?). Here are a few: New Look 6634 in the Etsy shop. Great look from the 80's in sizes 6-16 all in one envelope. Uncut & complete. Simplicity 7175 in sizes 16-18, bust 38-40 from 1975 with raglan sleeves and upright collar. Used but complete. Simplicity 7322. A vintage 70's look for the little ones in sizes 1 or 2 (I got both!). Patterns are complete but used. Comes with a turtle applique, too! How cute is that? Well, gotta get going. There is a yard sale calling my name, even if it is shivering while calling me. Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment