Sunday, December 12, 2010

12.12.10 New Pattern Listings

  Sometimes I feel like I spend my life in front of the computer listing sewing patterns. Come to think about it, I do spend most of my life in front of the computer listing sewing patterns. I do have other things to do like working, cleaning, and cooking, maybe even a little bit of creating. I just can’t help myself, though. I see a sewing pattern and I have to get it to make them available to others. The thought of the old vintage patterns laying around gathering dust instead of being with someone who appreciates them just kills me so every week I go on my quest looking for patterns to link up with people. Some patterns bring back memories of my youth when I tried to sew EVERYTHING for myself and my daughter. Other patterns remind me of a special occasion, like the prom or homecoming. Still others make me remember a wonderful movie I saw years ago and fell in love with.

These recent listings are modern so they have none of the romance of vintage patterns. Still, they make me think of the time I sewed a robe for my little girl, or a sundress for a friend’s little girl.

100_7989 McCall’s 2157 Pants in 5 Lengths

100_7993

Simplicity 2727 Misses' Robe and Pants

L_27740_see3888See & Sew 3888 Girl's Romper and Sundress

100_7992

Vogue 9908 Misses' Jacket, Skirt, and Pants

Since gift giving and creating is on just about everyone’s minds right now, an easy-to-make robe and pajamas pants would be a welcome gift, especially now with the winter chill upon us. The pants and suit would be great now or later. As for the sundress and romper, it won’t be cold forever! Just think, it’s summer somewhere else, like Australia!

Well, got more goofing off to do, like bake cookies for the cookie exchange at work. 7 dozen double chocolate chocolate chip cookies are waiting to be baked.

Happy Sewing!

This post was written by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff.etsy.com and GoofingOff.Artfire.com

Goofing Off, it’s what I do best!

No comments:

Post a Comment