Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Cup of Tea

My friends would be surprised to learn that I am first and foremost a tea drinker by the amount of coffee I drink. Truth is I was raised with a cup of hot tea in my hand, lightly sweetened and black. The water has to be boiled, fresh steaming water for my tea. I love the smell of it. Tea has a soothing effect that nothing else does. Oh, I have my morning coffee, and mid afternoon coffee, but tea is special. Tea warms my body and soul.
I am picky about how I drink my tea. Since tea is an experience to me I have a little ritual with it. I am careful about the type of tea, whether to use sugar or honey, the water must be boiling, and, most importantly, it needs to be served in a glass or ceramic cup. No styrofoam. Tea doesn't taste the same in styrofoam.
One of my favorite cups is a vintage cobalt blue glass mug made in France. Good size and beautiful to look at. Perfect for the afternoon tea.

Sometimes you have to create your own rituals to find your own inner peace. Tea is part of mine. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment