Friday, February 3, 2012

Pardon the Drywall Dust

I once heard on the radio that owning a house can be a burden as well as a blessing. House ownership is a wonderful thing. For most people, it is the most valuable thing they own. It is the roof over their head, the safe haven they go to for refuge, the place they go to when all is crazy in the world that they can have some control over (at least that is the plan). Home ownership is the American Dream. The ultimate is building one yourself (or at least having one built for you). Then reality sets in, otherwise known as the Burden.

I live in a house built about 20 years ago. Houses, like people, need upkeep. Think paint, floors, walls, you know, EVERYTHING. I am living among drywall dust right now. Did I know the drywall seams along the ceiling were cracking? Yup. That’s why I hired someone to fix it. Did I know the drywall wasn’t screwed down like it was supposed to be? Well….no. Am I surprised? Not really. Can we just fix it right and not go on about it? What color do you want to paint? Paint? Can we finish the drywall first?

That’s how the conversations, and my week has been going. Dusty. Messy. All the furniture sitting in the middle of the poor house (my poor house!!) covered with drop cloths. Piles of stuff in every room for me to bounce off of in the dark like a pinball in an arcade game. The disorder makes me want to wear blinders like a draft horse pulling a cart. Ugh!

I’m skipping Miss Eileen’s Picks this week. Will start again next week….once the dust settles.

Vintage 1950s Red & Blue Brocade Full Circle Party Dress // The Regency, Treasury Item

Oh, BTW, Congrats to WearTheyAreNow, the winner of last week’s picks and their beautiful red and blue brocade dress.

Post by Eileen aka GoofingOff

MissEileen vintage

Goofingoff Etsy Judaic fabrics, sewing patterns

GoofingOff Artfire Sewing patterns, plus size patterns

Metal Woods N Water unusual stuff and  metal work

No comments:

Post a Comment