Thursday, February 9, 2012

Miss Eileen’s Etsy Picks 2.10.12

It was a hundred years ago (give or take a decade or three),  that the Mr. asked me to marry him (feels like that sometimes). Two days before Valentine’s Day he surprised me with a ring from a Cracker Jack box and told me to close my eyes while he put it on my finger. I was laughing so hard that I didn’t noticed he switched the ring and placed a diamond ring on me instead. I still have the Cracker Jack ring and still laugh about it. Don’t wear it, though…..  Anyway, Valentine’s is approaching and this is the time for romance. It is also the time for the wedding plans to begin. A wedding is so much more than the dress. It is the details, the little things, that make a wedding special. Here’s some ideas for weddings from the wonderful artists at Etsy.

BTW, there are lots of fantastic artists at Etsy however I try to find new and overlooked artists who just need a little more exposure because their work is fantastique (didn’t know I could speak French? Me, either, lol). So take a look at what I found. I think you’ll be seeing these artists again in the future, maybe on the front page.

A touch of handmade elegance to cinch the waist. Beautiful!Crocheted Flower Wedding Dress Belt Bridal Decoration Lovely Ivory White Irish Lace Satin Belt with Flowers for the Bride to Be                       Crocheted Flower Wedding Dress Belt by Sapti

These little guys are so cute! Black and White Birds wedding cake topper                  Black and White Birds Wedding Cake Topper by Indigo Twin Weddings

 

Here’s an alternative to the traditional pillow for the ring bearer to carry, a custom made plate to carry the rings. Later, the plate can be used or displayed. It’s lovely! Porcelain Engagement or Wedding Ring Bowl, Hand Built                       Porcelain Engagement or Wedding Ring Bowl by Sumiko2

 Wedding Mailbox - Card Holder - Card Boxes - Mr. & Mrs. Personalized OHSC                         Wedding Mailbox Card Holder by One Hip Sticker Chick

 

For those of us who love the country, or rustic look, check out this ring pillow. Fabulous!Woodland burlap ring pillow for rustic, barn, country, vintage or outdoor wedding                           Woodland Burlap Ring Pillow by Glowing Girl

Beach weddings are so popular, especially down here in FL. This candle would fit right in.

Beach Wedding Starfish Candle Vase Centerpiece, large                      Beach Wedding Starfish Candle Vase by Pink Pelican Designs

Finding new and original ways to number the tables is always a challenge. Here’s a wonderful way using wine bottles from Homes and Weddings.

Wine Bottle Number Holder for Weddings & Special Events, 10, NEW           Wine Bottle Number Holder by Homes and Weddings

 

And, last but not least, a sign to make sure the guests find the right place.

Wedding sign, custom, handpainted rustic wood                                   Wedding Sign by Splendid Events

 

Well, that’s some of the things I’ve found on Etsy this week. These eight are wonderful and would make a wedding all that much more special. Do you have a favorite amongst the eight? Vote!

Post by Eileen aka GoofingOff

MissEileen vintage

Goofingoff Etsy Judaic fabrics, sewing patterns

GoofingOff Artfire Sewing patterns, plus size patterns

Metal Woods N Water unusual stuff and  metal work

5 comments:

  1. Lovely wedding finds! Thanks so much for including our black and white bird cake topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection!
    Thank you so much for featuring my wedding belt in your lovely blog!
    Etty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird toppers are so cute! Lovely picks all around. I enjoyed hearing your engagement story, too.

    Link up your Friday Feature with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wedding selections! Thanks for including my starfish candle vase in this wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely pick!!
    I LOVE my mom's wedding belt and her bridal bouquets as well!
    I proud to be a daughter of such a talented woman..:)
    Love you mom ♥
    OrlyDesign

    ReplyDelete