Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mummy in the Attic

While driving into work the other morning I heard about a mummified cat that fell out of the ceiling of a house in England that was being renovated. I am not into mummification and would never think of doing that to my or anyone else’s cat but since my hubby and a friend are doing some work on my house, the story kind of stuck with me.

For those who didn’t read my last post, let me bring you up to date. We are drywalling, fixing the seams and cracks that didn’t look good to me before we take on repainting. I don’t know about anyone else but it has been my experience that whenever you start a project to fix something you always find unexpected things that need fixing, too. It’s like one project begets other projects, you know, like biblical proportions. In our case, a simple bucket of mud also requires 2x4’s, lots of screws, and climbing into the attic to add dead wood (the other name for bracing). While at work I got a call from the hubby (very good hubby and handy man if just a little messy) to inform me that he climbed into the attic to put in dead wood and almost couldn’t get out. Took me a minute to catch that one. “Like you couldn’t find your way out or got stuck?”  “No, my back started to go out on me and I had to have someone else to go up and put in the wood.” 

When I hung up the phone, I remembered the cat. All I could do is shake my head. Glad the hubby got out of the attic. Got to admit, my marriage is an adventure. Don’t need to watch Jersey Shore or those Housewives shows. Got enough crazy around here…..free, without commercials.

Post by Eileen aka GoofingOff

MissEileen vintage

Goofingoff Etsy Judaic fabrics, sewing patterns

GoofingOff Artfire Sewing patterns, plus size patterns

Metal Woods N Water unusual stuff and  metal work

No comments:

Post a Comment