Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What do you do with 2000 Coffee Filters?

A friend of mine discovered Sam’s Club. She came to work so excited and proceeded to tell me about the great deals she found. Then she said, “the coffee filters were so cheap. We bought a case of them for $12.”  Stopped me dead in my tracks. I was left with a few questions running through my head like “How many filters were in the box?” and the all important “What do you do with 2000 coffee filters?”

Well, she found a few uses for them and since I was curious, I found a few, too. She uses them for cleaning windows (I like to see outside but that wasn’t what I had in mind) and I use them to cover food in the nuker but I thought there just had to more, crafty uses for the other 1998 of the filters she had in the box.

Aunt Peaches made these incredible flowers out of coffee filters! …..I just knew someone did these things. I could feel it (that 6th sense of mine). Click Here for the tutorial. I think they are awesome. Might have to try some.

Here’s a coffee filter wreath from the Nesting Place. I think it looks gorgeous! Click HERE for the link.

Check out this light fixture from Parlour. That one hanging from the ceiling. Awesome. Go here to read how she did it.

Here’s another coffee filter flower from FamilyCorner.com. Click Here for the tutorial.

More flowers but this time roses from TheLittleBrownHouse.US Click Here for the tutorial. Aren’t they gorgeous?

How about a coffee filter lampshade?

This tutorial is from NorthwestHospitality.org Fabulous! Click here to find out how it’s done.

Well, that’s a few ideas to keep her busy. They look pretty good, too.

Gotta go. Don’t forget to vote. I won’t tell who’s winning but make sure you vote for your favorite.

Post by Eileen of GoofingOff Sewing Supplies etsy & artfire, MissEileen, and MetalWoodsnWater.

2 comments:

  1. I want to make pretty flowers with coffee filters! I haven't done this since my kids were young. That wreath is neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers! I am thinking about trying it, too.

    ReplyDelete