Saturday, June 25, 2011

Divine Mercy Thrift Store: A New Thrift Store in Cross City

Be still my heart! We have another thrift store in the county. Yippee! There’s not much that gets me more excited than scouting around thrift stores looking for that special something to offer to my customers, that is unless I love it too much to let go. This little thrift store is behind the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Cross City (don’t get confused, there is only one Catholic Church in Cross City). Today was the first day and I think they might just be around a while. The profit made from the store goes to charity and the ladies work as volunteers. Read that as “They give from the heart.” Nice ladies. The store is clean, well-organized and chockfull of goodies both vintage and modern. Lots of beautiful clothing and house wares. Here’s a few things from the shop:

 

IMG_20110625_110521

(I’d of posted more pics but my SD card was full). In addition to these goodies I found some vintage cookware, handmade pot holders, clothing, small appliances, and exercise equipment. I also snagged a pair of totally cool star-with-Uncle Sam-hat earrings for the 4th of July. There are also vintage handbags! They accept donations of small appliances, tableware, linens, and clothing. Check them out if you are in the area on a Saturday.

 

 

 

IMG_20110625_110449

No comments:

Post a Comment