Monday, June 13, 2011

Estate Sale Finds from Cross Creek, FL

Cross Creek, FL? Sounds familiar? Cross Creek was the home to Marjorie Rawlings, the woman who wrote The Yearling







A movie of the same name was made in the 50s and starred Gregory Peck. Later, in 1983, Mary Steenburgen played Rawlings in the movie “Cross Creek.”
Cross Creek
Historic place, very famous amongst Floridians…..especially Floridians from the Gainesville area.
Well, I have a friend who lives in Cross Creek whose neighbor was having an estate sale. I just had to go. I tried to talk myself out of going but I couldn’t do it. I just had to. So, here’s a few of the goodies I found.
100_8504 This is a beer mug that was made in Germany. Stout little guy, looks like he had one beer too many. He’d look anatomically correct if his nose and cheeks were red.
100_8503
100_9149 A beautiful tray with rimmed in silver with pheasants on the actual tray. The pheasants look lovely.
100_9149-1
100_8839 Hand crocheted pinwheel design bedspread. Beautiful. Full size but looks good on the queen size bed.
100_8850 Gorgeous yellow chenille bedspread. Check out the flowers! Stunning! Another full size (quite common from years ago). The spread is in excellent condition.
100_8855
100_8858 White chenille bedspread. No stains but not in as good condition. Tufts are worn. Could be useful for other things. Also in full size.
Found some other things but I felt like I won the lottery with the bedspread. Now comes the hard part, letting go and listing them in my MissEileen Etsy shop. I will have the consolation of knowing they went to good homes…..when I am ready to let them go.
post by Eileen of GoofingOff.etsy.com, GoofingOff.artfire.com, MissEileen.etsy.com and MetalWoodsnWater.

2 comments:

  1. My grandma had so many of those chenille bedspreads. They sure do bring back fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine, too. I just couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete