Friday, June 17, 2011

Miss Eileen’s Etsy Pick 6.17.11 Michigan on My Mind

Hi, y’all. I had so much fun last week doing the Philadelphia edition of Miss Eileen’s Etsy Picks that I started thinking maybe I should check out other areas for phenomenal artists. You know, a “go local” thing. Why Michigan? Well, because I’ve never been there. I’ve been to most of the states in the US (the result of being a Navy Brat….that’s Brat with a capital B…..and a traveling nurse). The only thing I know about Michigan is there is a lake up there and that’s where cars and soul music are were born…or something like that.

Lots of water in and around Michigan.

Classic Chevrolet Picture

1959 (or somewhere there about) Chevy Impala. Is this not gorgeous? No, an Etsian did not make this. It is a work of art, though.

Every Great Motown Hit of Marvin Gaye [Bonus iPod Skin] by Marvin Gaye cover

Sorry all you MJ fans, but Marvin Gaye’s my man. I love “What’s Going On.”

Well, with that said, I found quite a few very talented Etsians in the Michigan area. Check them out!

 

Hand Carved Caricature Top Flite Golf Ball

Hand Carved Caricature Golf Ball by GT Carvings 

I couldn’t believe this is a gold ball. Incredible!

Trellis Scarf

Trellis Scarf by CurlyGirlCrochet I love the colors.

Girl Friends Tile 4x4 inch

Girl Friends Tile 4x4 inch by Marcia Hovland Where would we be without our friends?

Hardwood Coffee Table and Side Tables

Hardwood Coffee Table and Side Tables by Walton Sawmill I like the clean lines and simplicity of design. 

Sock Yarn Superwash Merino / Nylon Hand dyed - Sangria

Sock Yarn Superwash Merino / Nylon Hand dyed – Sangria by Cakewalk Yarns The color of this yarn is so yummy, makes me think of rainbow sherbet.

Dots Padded IPad Holder

Dots Padded I-Pad Holder by SarahsStitchesMI The colors make this I-Pad holder POP.

Small dog harness adjustable reversible in red and black with robots and polkadots

Small Dog Harness adjustable reversible in red and black by Warm Weenies This little guy looks outright classy in this harness.

Mr. Frog Stained Glass Night Light

Mr. Frog Stained Glass Night Light by DortDesigns Imagine this in a kid’s room or bathroom. What fun!

OK, so that’s my picks from Michigan Etsians. What do you think? Good picks? Which one is your favorite? Poll is in the upper left corner.

Post by Eileen Patterson, also known as GoofingOff and MissEileen, and the other half of MetalWoodsnWater. And don’t forget to check out our Artfire shops, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Misseileen,
    A lovely blog. Thank you for featuring Michigan artisans and my WarmWeenies small dog harness. I am now following you.

    I hope you get to visit our beautiful State one day soon. And I had to laugh...yes we do have a lake or two and a couple three or four are really big ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for adding my nightlight-love the blog! Love your goofing off Etsy shop- why do all the old patterns make women look like barbie dolls????
    Enjoy your treasures!

    ReplyDelete