Saturday, May 28, 2011

Organization: My Quest to Conquer Chaos

Damn, that sounds noble. The truth is I am disorganized. If it wasn’t for my daily “to do” list I would get little done. Even with it I am a little bit on the hurting side. So many thoughts and ideas go through my head that I fall off the path quickly. I have to constantly tell myself to finish what I start so I won’t have so many odds and ends to complete.

Well, yesterday was my lucky day. I was on the way to town when I spied a yard sale sign (I swore I wasn’t going to stop before I ever left the house but I shouldn’t swear. I just had to stop). The folks didn’t have too much I was interested in except for a big, 4 drawer file cabinet. Woo Hoo, my name was written all over it, even before I paid for it. Finally a place to keep my million and one patterns (authentic vintage sewing and knitting, of course). Cut a deal with the folks and called the hubby who very lovingly picked it up for me (too big to fit in my car).

After I got home from my shopping trip I found the file cabinet sitting on my front porch waiting for me. My hubby said he would help me with it but I was so excited I started moving things from the storage room. I measured the cabinet to make sure of where to put it then walked it in. Kept a towel under it to keep it from scratching the floor (a scratch would have totally sucked). By the time the hubby came it the cabinet was tucked away just where I wanted it. It is now the home for Butterick patterns and the “Not Yet Listed” books and patterns that were cluttering my storage room.

I still have a long way to go to get the room right but yesterday was a big step in the right direction. I feel like a champ taking control of my life. Therapy couldn’t have made me feel so good. Cheap therapy for $15.

Now all I have to do is put labels on the drawers so I won’t go crazy looking from drawer to drawer. Maybe I’ll get more listed in my Etsy shops now that I know where everything is.

Here’s to gaining control of one’s life. Feels damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment