Monday, May 9, 2011

A Day Off

My day off from work. Never before has there been such a misnomer as “a day off.” For me, a day off translates to “I don’t have to get up at 4:40 AM and drive 50 miles to work inside for 12 hours.” I’m still working. The list for the day is so long I that the hospital stuff looks easy, or at least not so hectic. Anyone else feel that way? Need a day off from your day off, a vacation from the vacation? That’s my life.

My crochet is picking up. Finally. My hands are remembering the stitches my brain forgot long ago. I am almost done with my handbag. Just need to add the lining. I must have put the pieces together 5 times until it I looked right or the handle wasn’t twisted. Pictures will follow for sure.

Now I am looking for more projects. I feel the excitement building with each idea. I love the stitching process. I find it soothing. It is my therapy without the price tag of a counseling session and without the side effects of medication. Like a good book where you savor every delicious word I relish each stitch and almost mourn the completion of the project. Got to get over that, though. Too many incomplete projects that way.

Lots to list on Etsy, too. Here are some of the treasures I’ll be listing and the respective shops:

MetalWoodsnWater

100_8909

Sweet Camping Manual from 1967. 

100_8992100_8993

Oyster shells with barnacles on one side and pearls forming on the other side.

MissEileen

100_8914 Vintage crystal atomizer.

Yes, that is a mink cuff in the picture. Yummy soft, too.

100_8969 Vintage handheld mirror. Check out the detail!

100_8953 Vintage Owl Ring

Isn’t this sweet?

GoofingOff

100_9015 Vintage Vogue Christening Gown Pattern

100_8965 Vintage China Pitcher, European made

Dainty and gorgeous. Fabulous roses.

OK, back to work.

Post by Eileen of GoofingOff.etsy, GoofingOff.artfire, and MissEileen.etsy.

3 comments:

  1. I love being able to cross things off my to-do list, so a day off to get that stuff done is terrific for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a list, too. I feel much better now that I was able to cross most of the "have-to-dos" off. Keep adding things to the list, though. Granola's in the oven. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a list maker too and luv crossing thing off....that is the best part. Hope your week is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete