Thursday, May 26, 2011

Estate Sale Junky

I guess the time has arrived to admit it, I have a habit. Not drugs or alcohol and I am too cheap to gamble. I am a yard and estate sale junky. I can spot a yard sale sign a mile a way and keep my GPS handy just in case I follow back into a subdivision and can't find my way out. I might not recognize the make or the item but I feel the age of the piece. Makes my little heart go pitter-patter (no fluttering, I would need medication).
There is a local estate sale going on today (the middle of the week!) so I am stopping by to see what's left. I am sure all the good stuff is gone but just maybe something totally cool has been overlooked.
I'll keep you posted.
Here's a couple of things from the last sale I unearthed waiting to be listed in my Goofing Off shop.
Vintage Silverplate serving spoon

Vintage McCall's 8448 Sewing Pattern

Vintage Hand Held Mirror


Vintage Handmade Potholders

Made in Japan Figurine

Made in Germany Beer Mug
I will keep you posted.
Don't forget to vote for this week's finds. Voting ends tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Great finds, like finding buried treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of fun, going treasure hunting:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that feeling when you score a great bargain can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finds! The nosy-body in me *loves* going to estate sale because I get to wander through people homes...often times, peoples' way-nicer-than-mine homes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This house was phenomenal. 3 stories, 4 bedrooms, more things than I expected, especially towards the end of the sale. The antiques were amazing. I found a few things in my price range, a set of cast iron tongs (maybe to take clothes out of the hot water?), a couple of mason jars I didn't have (a 3 quart blue with a zinc lid and a wide mouth wire top), and vintage "made in Italy" leather lipstick holders in orange and mustard with gold fleur de lis. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great addiction to me! You are into this like I am into beach combing. I am looking for treasures, and so are you. Awesome!

    I love the little ladle and the hand mirror!

    ReplyDelete