Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eleanora’s Quilt Shop: Cross City, FL’s Newest Addition

IMG_20120614_125100

The other day when I stopped in one of my favorite haunts I heard the ladies talking about a new shop opening across the street. “It’s going to be a quilt shop” my friend said. “She’s going to sell her quilts.” Well, that was all I needed to hear. My interest was piqued. I had to see the quilts. Eleanora finally opened her shop this week and what a treat for the eyes it is. Her work is wonderful! Here are a few examples of her work:

IMG_20120614_123829

Many of her quilts are traditional pieced patterns and machine quilted. I love her choice of colors. She said she loves the idea of recycling fabrics into quilts. She has a hard time throwing away good fabric (I know the feeling) and makes doll quilts with smaller scraps.

IMG_20120614_123839

This is a pattern block I hadn’t seen before, The Dahlia. I love it!

IMG_20120614_123811-001

How about this little guy on a baby quilt? She has quite a few beautiful baby quilts. She also has handmade dolls, potholders, and ornaments, too. Everything is reasonably priced with most of the small things, like dolls and ornaments under $10, some under $5. Imagine a handmade doll under $10! Well made, too.

IMG_20120614_125142

She’s also a member of the Dixieland Quilters. They meet every Tuesday (I work every Tuesday, darn) and turn out some awesome stuff. She takes special orders, too.

If you’re in our neck of the woods, North Central Florida, be sure to check out her shop. Check out the quilt shop in Trenton, FL, too, when you have a chance. We are becoming a to-go place for quilts.

To get hold of Eleanora, call 352-542-9438 or 352-356-1970. Tell her you heard about her from GoofingOff. Thanks.

Post by Eileen Patterson

MissEileen aka GoofingOff

No comments:

Post a Comment