Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks and Feeling Blessed

 

Thanksgiving dinner is over and instead of the turkey being stuffed, I am. I ate until I couldn’t stand it anymore and grounded myself right out of the kitchen. Darn, my hubby’s a good cook. I am destined to be a little round bubbe (that Yiddish for grandma, y’all) as long as he keeps cooking the way he does…..and I’m not going to tell him to stop, neither. Some things you just have to accept.

Did you take a moment to think about what you are grateful for? Health, family, friends? Another day? Freedom? Love? Children? So many blessings to say “Thank you” for.

I am thankful I have a loving family, health, a job (good one, too), a roof over my head, and food on my table. My husband and I have good, caring friends. I am thankful to live in a free society that I may practice my religion and speak my mind without threat of arrest or worse. So many things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my readers who take the time to read my words.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment