Monday, November 14, 2011

Fat Quarter Challenge: What Do You Do With a Fat Quarter?

Just the other day a friend was looking through GoofingOff and asked me “What can you do with a fat quarter?” Hmmm, I thought, what can you do with a fat quarter? Because I quilt a little, I am familiar with fat quarters. They provide me with just the right amount of color that might be lacking in a block.  A fat quarter is a good way to buy a little bit of fabric, more than a sample but less than a yard, especially if the fabric is a budget breaker.

Here’s the challenge: what do you do with a fat quarter? Here’s a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

If you have ideas or just want to show off, post a link in the comments and I will add them, too.

Bibs and Burp Cloths

Bib & Burp Cloth Set - Polka Dots and Swirls

Bib & Burp Cloth Set - Polka Dots and Swirls by Sew Knot Expected

Mug Rugs

Set of 4 Quilted Coffee/Tea/Drink Mug/Glass Rug Coaster Set (Peppermint Red and Pin Dots)

Quilted Mug Rugs by Crafty Stitches

Crafty Stitches also makes these beautiful jewelry rolls using 2 fat quarters.

10% off The Perfect Bridesmaids Jewelry Rolls - Set of 10 with Free Shipping

Camera Strap Cover

DSC_0198 DSC_0197 I made this (blush).  Not perfect but I love the colors. It feels like my hubby’s giving me a hug every time I use it (he just bought me the camera. Woo Hoo!).

Pot Holders

DSC_0196I made these, too. Love the pattern. Looks like leaves.  Ok, I am not the greater sewist around but you get the point. Sewist, I always wondered what we were called. Sewer didn’t sound right.

Yarmulke or Kippah

Disney Toy Story Buzz Woody Kippah  Disney Toy Story Kippah by Maybe Sew

Wallets

Fabric Bifold Wallet Purse with a butterfly theme Butterfly Fabric Bifold Wallet by Tracey Lipman

Post by Eileen

MissEileen

Goofingoff Etsy

GoofingOff Artfire

Metal Woods N Water

2 comments:

  1. I like this tutorial--it take 2-3 fat quarters though! http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/?p=368

    ReplyDelete