Monday, September 13, 2010

Sewing for the Home

When looking for patterns to sew, I often think of clothing patterns. With every seasonal change there are new patterns and styles that come off the runways and having a guide is almost a necessity for me as I try to make fashionable clothes. Yet there are patterns available to guide a person through home decorating that make the curtain or bedspread project a success. I often forget about these patterns and dive into a project head first with great intentions only to be disappointed by my project that doesn't come out quite right. Here are two fantastic patterns from my Artfire shop for home decor sewing. Imagine having a storage ottoman in your living room to stash the afghan when company comes? Extra seating with storage, perfect for an apartment or small house. The window treatments could spruce up a kitchen quick. Shades and valances don't take a lot of fabric or time to make, yet the effect goes far. Happy Sewing! http://www.GoofingOff.etsy.com http://www.artfire.com/users/GoofingOff

No comments:

Post a Comment