Sunday, September 19, 2010

Redesigning Leftovers and Sloppy ChicKs

OK, I guess folks who know me know I am a bit of a tightwad. Oh alright, I am a lot of a tightwad. It is a challenge to me to save a few dollars every day. It is just too easy to blow a few bucks on nothing. I eat a lot of chicken, so much I should have tail feathers (I keep checking but I don't). I can make 3 meals out of one chicken and do just that most of the time. I love rotiserrie chicken and even have a rotiserrie to make my own. I strip the meat after we have supper and save the bones for soup or chicken and dumplings. With the meat I make a lunch called Sloppy Chicks. It is like Sloppy Joes without the beef and a little less greasy. Sloppy Chicks 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken 1 onion, diced 2 tb vegetable oil 1/4 cup barbecue sauce Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet over a medium flame. Add onion and saute until the onion is clear and starting to brown. Add chicken and heat thoroughly. Mix in barbeque sauce. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Serve on buns. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment