Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's Freebies Christmas Pattern: Santa Wall Hanger

One of the best things about yard saling and thrifting is the cool stuff you get that is totally unexpected. One of my purchases included a loose leaf binder full of vintage magazine clippings. Here’s one of them. It’s a Santa Wall Hanger that looks way too cute to pass up.  
scan0006
The pattern was a freebie with the purchase of Aunt Lydia’s yarn. I’m not sure when it was offered but the rest of the patterns were from the 70’s or before. The pattern uses a gallon bleach bottle (I love recycling), white yarn, moveable eyes or buttons, pipe cleaners, felt, pom pom ball, glue, and cardboard.
scan0007
The instructions sound pretty easy and Santa looks pretty cute……besides, the holidays will be upon us before we know it.
Post by Miss Eileen aka GoofingOff




MissEileen vintage

Goofingoff Etsy Judaic fabrics, sewing patterns

GoofingOff Artfire Sewing patterns, plus size patterns

Metal Woods N Water unusual stuff and metal work

4 comments:

  1. would you happen to have the snowman face that came on the back of a Aunt Lydia’s yarn label also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure don't. The pattern and picture were found in a loose leaf notebook I found and thought I should share.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I made this a long time ago one for my family and one for my neighbor. We had a house fire and lost everything, but I am so glad you posted this. Now I can make us one again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for this pattern for a long time. I made a few of these several years ago and wanted to make a couple for myself. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete