Saturday, February 26, 2011

Strawberry Meringue Tarts, Sunbeam Mixmasters, and "New" Patterns

Wow, what a hit! Everyone liked the tarts. I probably should have made a prettier presentation but oh, well. No leftovers (always a good thing when the eats are at work).
Looking through the notebook I found  some more cool old recipes to use. There’s a Sunbeam Mixmaster booklet from 1950 with ideas to “Make the most out of your Mixmaster.”
Sunbeam mixer0001
How to Get the Most Out of Your Sunbeam Mixmaster
The booklet has pictures of Sunbeam accessories and attachment available for the mixer back then. I knew about the meat grinder but I didn’t know there was a butter churn attachment. Awesome!
Sunbeam mixer0002
Sunbeam Mixmaster Attachments, 1950
There are yummy-sounding recipes for Old-Fashioned Apple Spice Cake (good for Rosh Hashanah), Prune Spice Cake (I guess for those special times), Gold Sunbeam Cake, and Prune Whip (what’s with the prunes?). I don’t know about the Prune Whip (I am not full of sh*t) but I might try the applesauce cake.
In the meantime, here are some cool vintage sewing patterns about to go to the GoofingOff Etsy Store.
Sunbeam mixer0004
Simplicity 5473 from 1971. Includes placemats and napkins I love the strawberry placemat on the bottom and the flower one at the top. Too cute! Just right for summer!
Sunbeam mixer0003
Mail Order Pattern, M322, Bert Geiger designer in size 18. Printed by Reader Mail. Size 18 fits 40” bust, 31” waist, and 42” hip. This pattern is uncut. It is so cool!
Well, that’s all for now. The patterns will be posted in the GoofingOff.Etsy store tomorrow. I’ll be baking that cake, too. No, not the prune whip!
Post by Eileen Patterson, GoofingOff.etsy.com and GoofingOff.Artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment