Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Old T-Shirts and Coffee Filters

Wednesdays suck. Long day for me at work, so long I get little done at home. Sound familiar? I want to do so much but by the time I make it home I barely have time to visit with my husband before it is time for bed. As usual, I have myself involved in a project, albeit a good project, but a time absorber just the same. Oh well, could have said no but I get so excited. Lots of reading and research to do which leads me to things to keep my hands busy while I read.

Old t-shirts seem to reproduce in my home. The good ones are snapped up quick by the hubbie and I am left with holy Joes that are beyond fixing but being my thrifty self, I can’t let them loose. I cut the shirts into 1 inch strips and crochet with them (too thrifty to buy yarn, at least at regular price. Maybe at a yard sale, though). So far I crocheted a coosie for my water bottle (hate the way they sweat) and a couple of scrubbies for the kitchen. I also make dog and cat toys for the humane society in town. Now I just have to think of what to do with the sleeves other than using them for rags. Maybe toys for the cats? Any ideas? I’ll make a few things and post the picks. Post yours, it’ll be fun to swap ideas.

Which leads me to this thought. I have a friend who got a good deal on coffee filters so she bought them, lots of them. So, what do you do with coffee filters? OK, other than clean windows and cover your food in the microwave? Any artsy ideas? I’m sure there are a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment