Thursday, May 28, 2015

Cooking for the Weekend


I work every other weekend and have been doing so for years. One of the best things about working on the weekend is the people I work with. We appreciate each other....our strengths, our weaknesses, our sense of humor.. We celebrate our getting to work with our peeps (as my good buddy Denise calls us) by cooking. 


This weekend I decided to make BLT Rollers, broccoli salad....and a strawberry-lime jello dessert (it's top secret).
BLT Rollers
The BLT Rollers are from a Kraft email I received. The hubby and I love to make burritos for supper but for some reason we always have 2 or 3 tortillas left over. Well, guess how many tortillas the recipe calls for? Yep, 2 big ones and I had 3 small. The recipe was made for me. 

BLT Rollers
The rollers don't look exactly like the ones from Kraft but they don't look too bad, either, and they taste pretty good.  They are easy to make.  Get the recipe HERE.

Broccoli Salad
The broccoli salad is my old standby. Very yummy, gluten free, and easy to make, too. Great for a summer get together. Making it ahead of time gives the flavors time to meld together. Recipe HERE. 

Curried Chicken Salad

The curried chicken salad is for supper. It was an inspiration from a friend's recipe and chicken salad I had at the Korbel Delicatessen in Napa, CA (at the champagne vineyard)....left over rotisserie chicken, celery, currants, Vidalia onion, almonds, mayonnaise, and curry powder. Tastes pretty good but I think I need a little more curry powder....Now all I need is a glass of champagne to go with it. 
As for the strawberry-lime gelatin thing.....We'll see how that goes. Jello, whipped cream, and pudding...what could go wrong? 
Oops, I think I just jinxed myself. 
Have a wonderful almost weekend Friday and a wonderful weekend. 

Post by Eileen Patterson.....who's GoofingOff


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment