Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Gift of Make Believe

When I was a little girl, one of the best gifts I received for Hanukkah was a pair of high heels and a little purse. They weren't real high heels; they had elastic straps that would keep them on my feet as I tried to walk with them. With my little purse on my arm and my heels on I would sashay around the house like a grown woman (or so I thought). The money spent on the gift wasn't important, the gift of make believe was.
Costumes are so often left to Halloween yet a cape (Simplicity 0701 and Simplicity 0702) are easy to sew and fun to wear gift.









Simplicity 0695. A little girl in a tutu is a ballerina twirling and dancing, the living room her stage.



Simplicity 0703




















Ahoy, matey! Easy to sew shirts, vests, and pants and watch out, Pirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment