Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rocking the 80's

Ah, the 80's. Big hair, long legs, and Urban Cowboy. OK, so I didn't, er don't, have long legs but I had the hair. Got the kind of thick hair that loved the eighties look. And while everyone else was listening to the big hair bands like Poison, I was two stepping in my gorgeous boots to Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings. So, imagine how I felt when my daughter, the fashionista, told me the 80's look is big this spring (you know, the fashionista. Always well dressed, always in fashion. Always...not me. How I birthed this Vogue fashion plate I have no idea). Yippee, the eighties is back! I can quit trying to make my hair straight!!! Don't know if I want to try my leather pants again, though. Anyway.......
Here's a few patterns from the 80's to sew.

                                                              McCall's 7193


                                                                  McCall's 7692

Yes, we really did wear padded shoulders, er, extended shoulders. Made our hips look smaller. I could use that now, with my curly hair. No mullet, though.                                                                            


Post by MissEileen aka GoofingOff
You can find these eighties patterns and more in my GoofingOff shop. 

1 comment:

  1. I think skipping the leather pants is a good call I've never seen them do anyone's butt any favors. Well maybe Angelina Jolie then again I think maybe she looks good in spite of the pants not because of them.
    Have fun rocking some big old hair, my hair's far to thin for the big 80's do's. I still don't think I'd ever be caught dead with shoulder pads even if they are coming back.

    ReplyDelete