Sunday, November 7, 2010

High School Diploma for Grandma

I thought I was something getting my BSN but a friend beat me by a mile. After years of trying and 4 failed attempts she got her high school diploma. Now I am sure some cynical folks might laugh about the 4 attempts but I am in awe. Most people wouldn't have stuck it out and tried again. Most would have given up but she didn't. Her motivation was her grandchildren. She doesn't want them to think she's stupid. I don't think they will. I think they'll see their grandma as someone who'll keep trying when she wants something even when the odds are stacked against her. I keep seeing the smile on her face when she told me about it. She is so proud of her accomplishment and I am proud for her. So here's to my friend, Sandy! I am so proud of your accomplishment and preserverance. What you did was impressive and I am proud to know you. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize that you were a nurse. So am I.
    Hema (anjalicreations)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Critical care for over 30 yrs. Somebody got to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete