Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday, USA


Well, another Fourth of July, Independence Day in the US, is about done. It was a wonderful one full of friends, family, and lots of food. We do our celebrating a little bit country style. 


White cake with vanilla frosting, strawberries, and blueberries...made by me! OK, it is from a mix, still, I turned on the oven. That counts for something.


I found the cute pinwheels and flags at W-Mart...all made in the USA. The tires line the driveway.The pinwheels twirl with the slightest gust of wind and every time a car drives in.

The hubby went to the shore for these babies...Brought home about 4 dozen or so. Enough to eat today and make crab cakes later.

I first planned on using paper towels (I never do that, I've used cloth forever) but at the last minute I couldn't do it....so I went to my fabric stash and found some Americana type fabric. Using pinking shears I cut them into squares and set them around a mason jar with flags in it. The tablecloth was red and it looked real cool.  




No get together is complete at the house without the hubby riding people around our driveway on his 4-wheeler.

Around dark we went up the road and watched the fireworks. Parked right next to the in-laws, totally unexpected. More laughs, stories, and good times. A great way to end a fun day. 
Still, as I watched the fireworks, I couldn't help but think about those men and women who risked everything for a dream...the dream of freedom and fought for it. I get all teary eyed (yes, hard-boiled me) when I think about it. I think about how lucky I am to live here...how, even though it's not a perfect place, it's still pretty damn good. 

Post by Eileen Patterson......who is GoofingOff....and proud to be an American. 

No comments:

Post a Comment