Thursday, August 21, 2014

Some Serious Recycling Going On: The Broken Chair

It broke....finally. It's been working on it for a while but I have a hard time letting go. No, not a relationship, a chair I found at an auction about 18 years ago..$2 bucks a piece at the end of the auction. Good deal.
 My home is a mish mash of hand-me-downs and recycled what-nots and my kitchen is no exception (except the appliance...bought them new). Matching? They're all made of wood...brown stain...matches.
A supporting rung of the chair broke a few months ago so I made sure no one sat in it and used it to set groceries on...I guess the grocery bags DO hold a few more pounds of stuff than plastic bags (shopping is my weight training work out. I am all about fitness). I noticed it was leaning somewhat precipitiously, one of those what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-that moments. Falling apart..beyond repair, at least for me.
Now to let go of the scraps of wood. I keep having those "what can I make with this" moments that keep what is left of the chair from the dump.
Trying to think of something.
Letting go is so hard.
Oh, I did save the seat....there's another chair frame around here somewhere that needs one.
Some serious recycling goes on here.


Post by Eileen Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment