Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Am Not a Hoarder

Really, I'm not but I think I have some serious tendencies. I think my real problem is I have more money than sense and, with that money, I a) buy things I think I can make or b) buy things I think I can sell. It's only later when I arrive at home with the boxes (yes, that is plural...boxes) I realize I have a problem. Well, a few problems, not enough time to make everything I think I can or should, not enough time to take pictures and list my vintage finds to sell, and most importantly, where do I store all these treasures. My guest room is over run, my treadmill is covered (I swore this would never happen), and there are boxes in the hall way. At least I don't have a trail through the house (I do have one in my sewing room and office, though) but it is still a problem to one who prizes organization. So what to do?
Well, I had to have shoulder surgery (holy cow, talk about ouch!) and thought I would use the time off to re-take my house. Good thought but there's a lot and I am not ready to have someone come in and throw out everything like they do on TV. I'm a little slower...and it's less traumatic. After all, I'm post op. My motto is "How do you eat an elephant?" No, not with salt and pepper....One bite at a time or in my case, one box at a time. I am almost through box one. Here's some of the goodies:

These ribbons are from an estate sale. There's more already posted in the GoofingOff shop. In the MetalWoodsnWater shop are things for beach decor and in MissEileen you can find vintage bottles. There are also vintage crewel and needlepoint kits available.  I'm just getting started.
Remember, I'm not a hoarder....really.

1 comment:

  1. This is the story of my life. Oh well it could be worse we could hoard old newspapers or animals. Good luck with your purge.

    ReplyDelete