Thursday, January 24, 2013

Old Movies

There are some movies that touch our hearts, that transport us to another place and time. Regardless of how many times we've seen them they stay special to us. We can recite the dialog, know each part by heart, yet we are drawn to them and watch them over and over again. My hubby loves action flicks....Gone in 60 Seconds with Nicolas Cage or The Transformers. He loves them and gets all excited...."Check this out"....."I had a car like that"....."Eleanor".....I guess for me it's the "chick flicks" that make me smile and stop me. I love "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. They fall in love and he hangs in there through it all. The New York City setting makes me sort of homesick (just sort of).  Even the music at the end of the movie "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is just right.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment