Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Madness: Taking Flowers Pictures

Good Monday morning, everyone! Nurses’ Week started today and I’ve been working with old photos to make a poster for our unit. Looking at all those old photos got me in the picture taking mood. I have a couple of favorite things to take pictures of but I love taking flower pictures. They hold still. They don’t close their eyes. They never complain they look fat or their make up isn’t right. I don’t have to chase them around the yard or wash their faces for the shot. So, with all those pluses in mind I looked around my garden and noticed I have colorful zinnias, bright yellow squash blossoms, and gardenia blossoms (the first on one bush…I am so excited, like a new baby being born) crying out to have their picture taken.




I’m not an expert, though, just a crazy lady with a camera. I found this article in my email about taking pictures of flowers using a regular camera to make macro shot photos. Thought I’d share the article then experiment. I’ll post the pics later.



Here’s the article:

Why your compact digital camera may be a wide-angle macro photography hero! from Adorama Learning Center
 
Good Luck!
 
Check out the GoofingOff shop for my new fabric and pattern additions. Just got some new Judaic fabrics in and they are wonderful. Get them while you can. The bagel fabric is all gone. I have a tiny scrap left, just enough for a pot holder, maybe two. There's also some fantastic vintage cookbooks that will make wonderful Mother's Day gifts for that cookbook collector Mom or Aunt in your life.
 
Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing that article - going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete