Friday, June 19, 2009

Vintage Crochet Booklets--Star Books

Well, I finally took some time away from my school work to inventory some of my Vogue patterns. I just love them. The styles of the outfits are incredible to say the least. I just wish I had enough time to sew some of them. I came into some wonderful old pattern booklets from the 1940's and 1950's. They are for crocheting and tatting. I already listed one of the booklets on Etsy; it's called Pot Holders: Hot Plate Covers, Swedish Embroidery. It has directions for numerous pot holders, a BBQ mitt for Dad, and directions for Swedish embroidery. What fun! The other booklets I will be listing in the Goofing Off shop are "Handkerchief Edgings" from 1948, "Handkerchief Edgings" from 1953, "Spreads that are Different in Motifs easy to make" from 1949, "Pillow Cases, Decorative Crochet" from 1950, "Ruffled Doilies and the Pansy Doily" form 1948, and "Crocheted Chairbacks, Church Laces, Shade Pulls" from 1954. With the exception of Pillow Cases, these booklets were published by the American Thread Company of New York and are called Star books. Each one is numbered as in a series. Take a look. They are very unique with lots of wonderful patterns that can still be fresh today.

No comments:

Post a Comment