Monday, June 8, 2009

Learning to use new tools

OK, I am hooked. I don't really need another hobby but metalwork, whether it's jewelry or decorative is so cool. I learned to use a plasma cutter yesterday. It was awesome! I am still on the low side of the learning curve but I was able to cut out numbers and fish. I have a long way to go but we are going to enamel the numbers and fish and put them up on our mailbox. Way Cool!! I also put it to use cleaning up the yard by cutting up some tin for art supplies. I hope someone can use them. Sea trees (they are so beautiful) are some of the most amazing things on the beach. They wash up on the beach after storms and the colors are always different. They are known as soft coral. I think they are just sea plants that grow on the ocean floor that sea creatures attach to and grow, like coral colonies. They are amazing but fragile if out in the sun and weather. Indoors and protected, they can last a long time. They are among my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment