Wednesday, September 16, 2015

GoofingOff Sewing's Mid Week Rummage: Devil's Food Cake

During a recent thrifting expedition, I ventured out of the sewing pattern section into the books. I can get lost in old books. I love books, especially old ones. I love the look and feel of them. Well, I had the good fortune to find a copy of Baker’s Famous Chocolate Recipes. “What makes this special?” one might ask. This copy is from 1936 and in very good condition. The cover graphics remain sharp and the pages are not brittle. While there is light yellowing throughout the book it is in incredibly good condition.
CCF15092015_1CCF15092015_2What does chocolate cake have to do with sewing? Coffee and cake to keep you going…and chocolate is a necessary part of life.
Post by Eileen of GoofingOff Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment