Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sit and Sew at the Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop

Made by Karen Brake from "Skinny Quilts for All Seasons" 
Happy Thursday! 

Yesterday I took a trip to one of my favorite sewing/quilt shops for supplies (Yes, I needed more fabric....stop laughing). I spent quite a while just walking around...until I realized I was getting lost in the fabric. Ever do that? I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Anyway, while checking out I noticed this adorable quilt hanging on the wall. One of our local quilters, Karen Brake, made this lovely and is going to teach others to do the same. 

I don't know if anyone remembers but a few months ago I sat in at the monthly Sit and Sew. It was wonderful. I could sew for hours, get tips, have lunch with good company, and not be disturbed by the phone, dogs (please walk me, whine, whine), hubby, or something on the stove (Babe, are you cooking something? Oops). I watched Karen as she started the table runner and was amazed by her work. She is also quite knowledgeable and taught me how to do French seams on the pillowcases I was making. Mais oui!

If anyone lives in this area....as in North Florida.....stop by for the Sit and Sew. You can make the table runner if you want to or just take advantage of the time away from the house and do anything. I worked on pillowcases and made a strip quilt.....it was good to have people there who had experience so I could ask questions. 

Besides, time with the girls is always good. 

More about what I bought and what I am making (a baby quilt) later. 

Enjoy the day. Pack it full of good stuff. Savor every moment. It only comes around once. 

Post by Eileen of GoofingOff Sewing.......Helping you make magic with every stitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment