Friday, December 19, 2014

What to Make with Boutique Yarns

After a trip to the local thrift shop I found myself well-stocked with boutique yarns, read Sashay and Boutique Ribbons. After a while I sat and thought "What does one do with this gorgeous stuff besides making scarves?" Here's a few ideas I found around the web:

Ribbon Remix Scarf uses 1 skein of Red Heart Soft, 1 skein of Red Heart Boutique Sashay, 2 yards of grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/2 inches wide, 5mm (size H-8) hook, and a yarn needle.

 Knit a Lei Scarf designed by Anneliese Anneliese. There's an easy to follow tutorial or print out the downloadable instructions.
You'll need:
  • One skein Red Heart Boutique Ribbons yarn (I chose "Fire")
  • Size 8 circular knitting needles, 32 inches long
  • Sewing needle and thread for finishing

    How about a crocheted ruffled skirt? This pattern is sized for the little ones, sizes 2-4, designed by Amy at Crochet Creative Creations.

    Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
    Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
    How about a purse? This is so cute.This is from Dearest Debi. She has a written pattern and a tutorial. 

    You'll need a skein of Bernat Satin and a skein of Boutique Sashay Yarn, a size I (9) hook and a size J (10) hook. 

    So, there's a few things to do with this beautiful yarn I think a pillow would look good. Maybe flowers to add to a headband. How about a few ruffles on a little girl's skirt? So much to do. So much I want to do. Sleep is so over rated. 

    Post by Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment